Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My bead looks like ice....and my second assigment

Ya know, I've been looking at my bead for the past hour and just realized that it looked like ice. That has to be the most random thing I've thought of for...the past five minuets.

I really need to get focused.

Anyway, this is day...THREE of the new semester. I've had to deal with money, a class being cancelled at the last minuet and not showing up on Oncourse DESPITE being listed on Onestart and various other LOVELY things.

I love the way 2012 is starting to shape up, don't the rest of you feel the love as well?

Anyway, for my next assigment, I have been given this questionair sheet. I'm going to be honest; I hate stuff like this. Why? Well, mainly because I feel like half the time I have to fake everything I say, through the urge of not being too honest with certain questions. Think about it like this USELESS questions you're always asked when you're filling out a job application. You know you have the creditials and the skills yet people still have the gall to ask you something like 'If your best friend was being eaten alive by rabid badgers, would you consider yourself passive about the situation?' What? I'm trying to get a job so I can keep food in my fridge and the utilities on! I think the last thing on my mind would be 'Gee, I wonder what I would do if my friends and I ran into some rabid badgers! That is SUCH a big issue today!'

But seeing as this is an assignment and I need to keep my butt in school, I can at least take this more seriously than the questionairs or the circus monkey antics that I've had to do in the process of doing job applications that had similar formats. Let's see how much damage I can do to my social life with this;



  • What is your favorite thing to do outside of school?
Unless I am swampped with homework, which I would attempt to do once I get home, I like to draw, read, or work on any project that is in my mind at the time. Of course when I hit a really bad wall/art block, I waste time online trying to find any sort of way to get myself back on course. This hardly works sometimes.
  • What is your favorite class and explain why it is your favorite?
At this moment I do not have a favorite class, at least for this semester. However, I found that my comic classes were enjoyable as were my oil painting classes. Basically anything that gives me the excuse to continue to draw, even when I have fits of rage and feel that I suck while working on something. 
  • What are you good at doing in New Media?
I really couldn't tell. One of the biggest but most simple things I want to do better with Photoshop is digital coloring but I always feel the urge I'm doing something wrong in the process of it.
  • What are you good at doing outside of New Media?
Again, its hard to say. Drawing? Writing? I guess it just depends on the situation.
  • What is your favorite area of New Media (you don't have to be good at it, but you have to like whatever you talk about for this one?)
Using Photoshop and Illustrator even though I don't use the programs as much as I should. Its a shame really...
  • Do you prefer to work independently or in a group? Please explain why.
Again, it depends on the project and the situation. I am willing to work in a group but I feel better working by myself if only for an extreme sense of shyness sometimes.
  • What New Media classes have you had?
Aside from a Photoshop and Illustrator class, I have taken film, sound, basic web design and guess what? I suck at all but two of them yet I'm on a track that isn't about them! I guess interested in film despite knowing my way through it a lot more. I don't know, I just like drawing and illustrating more which is probably why I'm better working with traditional mediums. My life goals, I am so confused!
  • In a group project explain what you usually end up doing.
I usually end up going along with everyone and doing my part depending on what the project is.
  • In a perfect group what would you like to end up working on? (i.e. hands-on work, research, presentation, web development, planning, etc.)
Probably research and hands-on work. 
  • What is your opinion of group work? Please explain why.
Group work can be good but I have had bad examples, ranging from people not showing up, to people not doing their portion of the work and so on. 
  • How do you think other people would describe you?
I have no idea but I only hope its in a positive manner.
  • How would you describe yourself?
Someone who needs to get out more and stop downing myself.
  • What do you do when a group project goes bad?
Help the other members pad out the project to at least have something to turn in then. After that, I feel like locking myself in a closet out of rage.
  • What is civic engagement in your opinion?
Being able to converse with people in a manner that does not result in people tossing each other into tables. In other words, simply being able to talk and work with people.
  • What experience have you had working with community partners, either on your own, through school, church, or in any other capacity?
If working at a camp counselor back when I was 14 counts for something, I guess I have had a hand with community partners. It was ages ago but I worked for the JSP summer program which was more or less a program DESIGNED to work as a way of helping kids develop better reading and math skills over the summer but in the end, it simply turned into an excuse for parents to drop their kids off for the day and go off to do whatever they wanted. I can say that this was my real first job and even though some of the things we did weren't as bad as I'm making it out to be, it was just an experience. 
  • What do you know about Keep Indianapolis Beautiful (KIB?)
Very little other that they have worked on certain areas and projects around the city in an effort to make this place look appealing to the eye and just all around look healthier, in terms of greenery, ect. The logo of the group is easy to spot as is some of their landscaping.
  • How do you think New Media (the program and all its resources) could help the community in general, and KIB in particular?
For starters, New Media could help KIM develop websites, apps, and other resources for people to learn more information about the program.
  • How could YOU help the community, and KIB, particularly in terms of New Media?
I could possibly use both KIB and New Media outlets to raise awareness for areas that are in dire need of help from programs like KIB. We have some places here on the west side of town that could use some touch-ups. Heck, we need freaking BUS SHELTERS for the senior citizens to sit on so they don't have to stand in the rain waiting for a bus that's 20 minuets late but that's an entirely different can of worms to complain about.
  • What are your goals for this semester?
To make it without going crazy and to at least get our more.
  • What do you want to be when you grow up?
ALIVE. 
EMPLOYED IN SOMETHING I ENJOY.

....

I WANT to get my projects out in the public...but at this point, I just hope I can get anywhere I can enjoy.

And ladies and gentlemen....is my assignment. *head desk* Such fail, so much fail...

No comments:

Post a Comment